About PSJ Brand
PSJ is an Award winning fashion brand that focuses on tailoring bespoke suits, founded by Pedaiah Swank John, Fashion Head Designer. PSJ was officially launched on 8th May 2013 and first started reaching out to the public after releasing its very first piece named “Roi Africain”, which can be translated to mean “African King”. The piece sent a message to Africans to be proud of their heritage through its use of African fabrics and vibrant colors that reflected the continent’s culture. It went viral on the Internet in mid-April of 2014. The brand has since grown in success and earned the respect of thousands in Tanzania and abroad.
“Roi Africain” piece 2013, Photo Credit: SSAMO
- To be an established and well-recognized international fashion line within 5 years, boasting a state of the art manufacturing base & providing African vintage custom suits along with ready-to-wear attires.
- To make Africans within and outside of the continent proud of their own heritage through our African vintage suits and creative attires.
- To embrace the spontaneous African beauty through Mother Nature.
To be the most powerful international African brand portraying different colors representing nature through African vintage suits together with creative attires.
Achievements and Awards
- In 2016, PSJ was the first and the official designer for East Africa’s Leading Premium Luxury Cars Company “FABCARS” he designed the company’s premium tshirts in a series of events.
In the same year, PSJ was named the “hottest menswear label” by FastJet inflight Magazine and also graced the cover.
- In 2015, PSJ was the first and the official designer for Total World’s 5th ranked Oil and Gas Company at the AAA Awards Ceremony in Istanbul, Turkey
- PSJ was also the official Designer for Hennessy Artistry 2014 in Tanzania
- PSJ was the first Tanzanian Brand to dress up Goldman Sachs officials at New York Fashion Week 2014 in the U.S.
- The Fashion Head Designer, Pedaiah Swank John, got listed on the 20 Influential People under 30 years old by East and Central Africa leading entertainment website Bongo5
- PSJ won the 2013 Swahili Fashion Week award, which is the leading fashion platform in East and Central Africa. In 2014, the brand got nominated again by Swahili Fashion Week as Menswear Designer of the year 2014
- In 2014, PSJ appeared in the cover of Bold Magazine, East Africa’s leading lifestyle magazine, and got featured in several fashion spreads in other media within and outside the country.
- PSJ graced the magazine cover of Precision Air Tanzania Magazine May-July issue in 2013, getting featured in the “Prints Charming” Fashion Editorial debuting it’s unique designs.
- Soon after “Roi Africain”, PSJ released its very first collection “Come Alive”. The collection portrayed vibrant colors and class, featuring bold new designs aimed at uplifting the African Fashion lifestyle for both men and women, helping them to stand out from the crowd.